Server Maintenance This Week. ×

value list with relation

This topic is 8641 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

cant find any way to make a value list created by a field from a related file to work. in filemaker its working properly and i cant find any documentation how to display a value list of that kind on the web. please give me some suggestions.

Try this...

<select name="related_fp3_filename::related_field">

[FMP-option: related_fp3_filename::related_field, list=value_list_name]

</select>

• Make sure the related field is in your file's -layout specified in your page.

• You don't have to include the ".fp3" extension for the name of the related fp3 file.

[This message has been edited by chandra (edited August 25, 2000).]

Could you post the HTML code you used in your format file as well as how the Browser interprets the code?

ie. post the HTML source from the format file AND the HTML source from "View Source" within your browser.

Another thing you could try in the interim (learn to walk before you run smile.gif) is to create a simple value list in your main file and see if you can get it to display properly on your web page. This might help you troubleshooot your the related-field value list problem.

This is a direct copy/paste from the CDML Reference.fp3 that comes with FM Pro 4.1

quote:

Syntax example(s)

Display value List using an HTML file

[FMP-ValueList: Groups, List=GroupList]

<input type="radio" name="Groups"

value="[FMP-ValueListItem]" [FMP-ValueListChecked]>[FMP-ValueListItem]

[/FMP-ValueList]

<!-- After processing, the HTML sent to the browser could look like:

value="Production" >Production

value="Sales" checked>Sales

value="Support" >Support

-->

Hope this helps.

i don't know if anyone else has ever had this problem, but unless i use a meta refresh, none of my pop-up menus work. if i refresh the page it works fine. I'm not sure why, but this happens with everysingle one of my Pop-ups! Oh well, it's a pretty easy fix that you might want to try.

by the way, if anyone knows why this happens or how it's fixed, let me know. The refresh is fine, i'm just curious as to what's going on and if anyone has experienced the same thing.

quote:

Originally posted by yafreax:

i don't know if anyone else has ever had this problem, but unless i use a meta refresh, none of my pop-up menus work. if i refresh the page it works fine. I'm not sure why, but this happens with everysingle one of my Pop-ups! Oh well, it's a pretty easy fix that you might want to try.

by the way, if anyone knows why this happens or how it's fixed, let me know. The refresh is fine, i'm just curious as to what's going on and if anyone has experienced the same thing.

I have not had this problem. I assume you are talking about the form element <select> when you talk about pop-up menus? I am just curious, smile.gif what do you mean when you say they "don't work"? Is it that they are not there, or that they are there, but the pop-up menu is empty?

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by Vaughan:

What's a meta refresh? Can you post the html code that makes this powerful magic happen?

The <meta> tag goes into a HTML in the <head> section.

Here's the format:

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="Value">

"Value" can be an integer of the number of seconds before the browser reloads the same document. For example, <meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="5"> would reload the HTML document every 5 seconds.

The <meta> refresh can also be used to re-direct a browser to a new URL by including an absolute URL to the "Value". For example:

<meta http-equiv="Refresh" content="5; URL=http://some_new_url.com/home.html">

After displaying the current document (where the <meta> tag is) for 5 seconds, go retrieve home.html from the some_new_url.com web server.

everything she just said is right. I would use a jump page (empty page with just the meta refresh tag in the head) to refresh the page. I have since figured out why i've need to do this. But first to answer a previous question. . . when we say it doesn't work, it would show that it's supposed to be a pop up menu but the only option would be the actual code such as (FMP-valuelist. . . . etc.).

Here's why your popup may not be working. Obviously you have to be using a link to get to your page. If the link says something like " /page.htm" then your popup will not work. However if you use the FMPro links such as "FMPro?-db=databasename&-lay=layoutname&-format=page.htm&-view"

BTW if you want the popup menu on the very first page. Make it the second page by using the "index.htm" page to be a jump page as explained above. this should work (hopefully).

Jeremy

[This message has been edited by yafreax (edited September 12, 2000).]

This topic is 8641 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.