Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Related fields and Custom WP

This topic is 8646 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I ran into a problem that i hope is easily fixed. I have large database that is actually made up of five databases. In the main file, I only use two fields and then every field from the other databases are included in the main database as reference fields. I would prefer to keep it this way so that i can have easier access to each specific database.

When I created the web page using Home Page 3.0 and submit a new record, i get an error message 102 which is a "Field Missing" error. BUT I created the pages without using the assistant so if I needed to make any changes I wouldn't run into many problems that I sometimes would if I used the assistant. I thoroughly checked each field and all the names are exactly correct.

Is there a known problem when using related fields on custom web publishing? Should I make it all one database so that there are not any related files, even though I don't want too? I've run into error 102 messages a lot, and usually they are a pretty easy fix, but i can't seem to find the problem this time. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

This topic is 8646 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.