Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Message over website

This topic is 8641 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a solution that only allows any individual user to insert data into a specific record 4 times a day. After which, i need a message to show stating that he can't do this, yada yada yada. Very easy to do in filemaker of course with the Show message step. How can i do it over the internet though? I've thought about cookies, but in this case, that's not safe because it has to be 100% accurate and who knows which users are scared of cookies! Any ideas?

Jeremy

Create a number of calc fields that works out the number of records each person has created in a day: this would require a field with creation date, another field with username, a self-join relationship based on username, a calc field that uses Status(CurrentDate) and a summary field to COUNT the number of posts each person makes per day.

Now, use this value in combination with [FMP-If] CDML tags on your html format file to control what people see. If they have posted less than four, they get the form, ELSE they get the warning message instead.

This topic is 8641 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.