Server Maintenance This Week. ×

HTML frames with FMPro action

This topic is 8615 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

hi there.

i want to specify HTML page with -format tag, but do not know, how to pass a frame reference.

top frame with navigation loads fine, but the bottom one with all details comes with in line FMP codes. Do arefresh, and it all works. any ways around this one? thanks in advance

Well, I'm just finishing a CDML site with frames. Apparently, FM doesn't pass data through a frames page to the nested page within. So, the only way that I found to work around it is load the nested pages without CDML and load a temporary page with some sort of a confirmation button on the pages with CDML and once those buttons are puched it sends the Action to FM to refresh that specific frame with CDML (the nice thing about this that most people don't realize, is you can view information from multiple databases each with their own frame without having to create portals or relationships. Sorry it wasn't a quicky fix...let me know how it works out!

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

no good frown.gif

i've tried to put links in the top frame, and it works fine with link something like

FMPro?-db=database&-lay=Layout&Field=some value&-format=abc.html&-find=

Works fine, but is giving me grief over Field value.

I am currently experimenting with tokens to see if that is gonna work.

Thanx for your reply smile.gif

I duuno what you're doing, but it works for me. My web browser is Netscape Communicator 4.75 on Macintosh MacOS 9.0.4 if that matters... I just tried it with MsIE 4.5 mac and it works as well. Made with HomePage 3.

All I did was type the *whole* url into the frame's path. The frameset has two different databases showing on it. One is a -view the other a -find. The frame page is so small I'll post the htmp code for it here... otherwise go to http://138.25.32.40/frame/default.htm to see it on-line. Note tha the framed pages are not designed to be stand-alone, this is just a quick-and-dirty proof of concept test.

---

<HTML>

<HEAD>

<TITLE>frame</TITLE>

</HEAD>

<FRAMESET COLS="50%,50%" FRAMEBORDER=1>

<NOFRAMES><BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">

<P>This entire page will be displayed in browsers that do not support

frames. Edit in this mode to customize this page for

non-frame-supporting browsers. For browsers that do support frames,

design your page in the Edit Frames mode.

</BODY>

</NOFRAMES>

<FRAME SRC="http://138.25.32.40/gallery/FMPro?-db=pov&-lay=web&-format=thumbs.html&-error=error.html&-max=all&Category=Architecture&-find" NAME=left MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 FRAMEBORDER=1>

<FRAME SRC="http://138.25.32.40/surveytest/FMPro?-db=web&-lay=web&-format=new.htm&-view" NAME=right MARGINWIDTH=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 FRAMEBORDER=1>

</FRAMESET>

</HTML>

This topic is 8615 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.