Server Maintenance This Week. ×

What am I doing Wrong???

This topic is 8622 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm sharing a database with web companion. The opening page loads fine... except for the fact that ALL cdml tags are just ignored...

[FMP-CLIENTIP] just shows up as "[FMP-CLIENTIP]" not 102.43.21.129 or whatever. Everything else breaks too! I have web companion on, so why isn't FileMaker 5 parsing anything? Any ideas? Is there some checkbox somewhere I forgot to mess with?

You need to send a command to FileMaker, you cannot just simply open a file. Set a link on a page to the format with CDML commands. At least you need to tell it which database and format. example:

FMPro?-db=mydata.fmp&-format=file.html&-find

------------------

Rich

The previous poster is perfectly correct. The only time you can submit a direct request for html to FM is when there is no information to access from a database. Otherwise, you must post an Action in order to receive any information back from the program through Web Companion.

I've also found that if you are not requiring any field information to be filled in on the returned CDML page that you are loading, but need status information (like the client's IP address or username), use the -FindAll action...it seems to be slightly faster at returning a simple page than -FindAny or -Find...of course if you don't need ANY CDML returned you should utilize the -View command...it's the fastest of them all.

Jeff

This topic is 8622 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.