Server Maintenance This Week. ×

validation

This topic is 8599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I want to make a field that has to equal the number "6621" I used the validation in filemaker, but people can stillput in any number without getting an error. This is not acceptable (it's an approval code). How can i go about this, javascript is probably what i will revert to but i'd rather not have to go searching the numerous javascript sites with no guarantee of finding one that works with every browser, etc. etc etc.

Any help ASAP would be appreciated.

Jeremy

well i figured it out for one solution, use an FMP-IF/ELSE statement on the reply page.... However, i have a different web solution in which the approval code does not have to be entered but if it is entered it has to equal a certain number. i didn't play with it very much, just looking ahead to that problem, but i don't think IF/ELSE can handle that. I just thought of a possibility, but i don't think it will work.. . . anyway, any suggestions?

Jeremy

Here is a snippit of a javascript validation that I use in a page. It checks that if the Process_Status (pull-down) is "Broken" and the CCAR field is empty. It also checks for empty fields for the Evaluator and Operator (text fields). This is all done on submittal of the form.

If you need any help putting together a javascript validation for your purpose, e-mail me the specifics.

<head>

<script language=JavaScript>

function validate(){

if ((document.Audit.Process_Status.options[document.Audit.Process_Status.selectedIndex].value=="Broken")

&&(document.Audit.CCAR.value==""))

{

alert ("The Process Status requires CA, you must supply an ECATS#.")

return false

};

if ((document.Audit.Evaluator.value=="")

| |(document.Audit.Operator.value=="")

)

{

alert ("You must fill in all of the required fields. Required fields are printed in BOLD !!!")

return false

}

}

</script>

</head>

<FORM Name="Audit" ACTION="FMPro" METHOD="POST" onsubmit="return validate()">

This topic is 8599 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.