Server Maintenance This Week. ×

script from record detail page

This topic is 8593 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm having trouble getting a script to run from the record detail page. the script is the right name and all that mumbo jumbo and it's in the same place at it normally would be (i.e. on a new record page or search page). But nothing is happening when i hit the edit buttons. so i have two questions.

1. anyone know why or what i should try to fix it?

2. I know that it could be put in a link such as <a href=FMPro?-db=database&-layout=layout&-fromat=format.htm&-script=script, etc.>

the etc is where i run into problems. what is the corrent syntax to have a link such as the one above adding a link rec id tag so that it stays on the same rec on the next page?

Well, i'd rather just run the script when edit is hit but i'll take either one i guess. thanks

Jeremy

Jeremy, you wrote, " I'm having trouble getting a script to run from the record detail page. the script is the right name and all that mumbo jumbo and it's in the same place at it normally would be (i.e. on a new record page or search page). But nothing is happening when i hit the edit buttons. so i have two questions.

1. anyone know why or what i should try to fix it?"

I'll leave you to question 2. But as to the above, I'm not sure I follow you. However, in order to perform an "-edit", the other tags which are required are "-db" and "-recid". It seems clear that you have the "-db" tag covered. Whether using a link or a form action, you must somehow define the "-recid". One value can be "[fmp-currentrecid]", or you can assign a static number is that is what you need.

Once you get your "-recid" valued, your script will probably run properly.

Hope you find this useful.

Peace

Keith M. Davie

well, i just re-read kieth's last post and i realize what you are talking about. And i have a question now ( i originally was thinking wrong when i last responded ). So my question is:

In a html link ( not a submit button ) what is the correct syntax for "-recid=currentRecID" is that it, just a guess. if this is wrong, please let me know.

Thanks Jeremy

This topic is 8593 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.