Javascript Plug in

This topic is 6045 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

As in there's no way of acting on the current contents of the web viewer... or there's no way for FileMaker to retrieve any changes? - You could always create a small looping script that runs every few seconds to get the content and then acts if the current content is different from the previous content.

• 2 months later...

yeah... with mbs plug in(with todd's help), i could load my db's field value to the web-viewer and let it trigger the search button and show result page. and with my own web scraping , i brought the results to filamaker fields.

so actually it is one button does it all kind of thing . ( load,search,show results, bring the results into fmp fields )

it was my dream ever since web viewer came out.

the only thing is every website has different setting , so still need to find out how to make it work. i got todd's help to make it work.

so i promised him i would advertize mbs plug in whenever i have a chance.

for now mbs plug in is the only plug in can run the java script in a webviewer.

try it guys ! it is a great plug in.

kyle

• 2 weeks later...

MBS is not the only plugin to do this - you should also take a look at our plugin, Fusion Reactor fusionplugins.com/reactor which does exactly this.

Reactor is a plugin that serves content to the web viewer - so you can give it HTML, JavaScript, Flash, images etc, - then, more importantly, it allows the AJAX code in the web viewer to interact with your database directly so you can:

- Read data from FileMaker

- Write data back to FileMaker

- Add and Delete records

- Run scripts

Check it out - we've got a great little demo file to show you a few ideas about what can be done with this technology.

Cheers

Craig

hi, i looked at your plugin example file and

i didn't find a example which load filemaker

field value to the web and trigger search with

fmp script. do you have these kind of example

file ?

though i think your plug in is very nice and i'm

sure it will be useful for many users.

kyle

Hi Kyle,

I think to do what you suggest - trigger a web based search, and (presumably) get the results back into FileMaker - our TCPdirect plugin would be more appropriate for that. The example in the TCPdirect demo downloads a web form, fills it in and submits it, then retrieves the results. Let me know if that is what you mean.

Cheers

Craig

This topic is 6045 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.