Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Setting dimensions

actionman007

This topic is 5985 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

you can control the size of a window but the size of the objects inside the window are another story. the only way that i'm aware of to make all the objects also scale is by setting the Zoom level in a script but that is limited to specific percent. (125%, 200%, 300% etc.. )

Look in the Windows section of script steps

Script steps:

Adjust Window

Move/Resize Window

Look in the Get() functions at the bottom

Functions:

Get ( WindowDesktopWidth )

Get ( WindowDesktopHeight )

Get ( WindowWidth )

etc.

But if you want layouts for a specific resolution monitor, you need to build a specific layout for that size. Of course, if a common layout is smaller than the screen, that's fine.

And you'd need to script navigation.

• 7 months later...

i know this is old, but a good solution i found for the two resolutions that i always encounter is to zoom all 1024 x 768 to 200 and zoom 1260 x 1024 to 150. what you'd want to do is to set the ratios of the two resolutions (probably horizontally due to vertical scrolling being infinitely easier with scroll wheels) to the ratio of the zoom levels. i've worked out a bunch of common resolutions' and all the resolutions' ratios for easier comparison.

the reason i chose those was due in part to an excel file showing me that there were three zoom ratios that were 1.33:1 and the horizontal ratio those resolutions is 1.33:1 and vertically it's 1.25:1. also, 150 is great to work on portrait reports, the thing i deal with most, but 75 and 100 would work as well as 300 and 400. 150 and 200 is the middle option and the one that has the most chances to grow and shrink, even if it doesn't look great at low res low zoom.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5985 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.