Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to "scan" a table/db

This topic is 6202 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I need to scan for a part_ID in PO file to extract all occurrences of "qty not rec'd." to populate a "BackOrdered" field in Product DB for the Part_ID.

I also need to scan all Work Orders for Part_ID * Quantity of each to remove the total number from "stock on hand" field in Products.

Anyone know how I can do this, either via script, key field, etc?

• Newbies

Apologies Lee re: double post - trying to be more accurate.

Kent, what I mean by "scan" is: When a Purchase Order is made, there can be multiple Part #'s on a PO, (even the same Part # twice on the same PO, you never know), and there are multiple PO's "active" (where they don't have a "all received date field entered which closes the PO) - there is a manually populated quantity received field and a quantity back ordered field - I need to take all quantity received in all PO's for part # X and add that number to the stock on hand number in the inventory database for that part #. If any part # is back ordered, I need to show that there is a quantity back ordered in the BO'd field in inventory.

On the other side, when a Work Order is made, i need to take whatever part # quantity out of stock on hand.

It would be nice to have a notifier, perhaps a portal (don't quite know how to use them yet) to bring up the basic inventory info displaying part #, stock on hand, and Backorder Qty when entering a work order.

Any help is appreciated folks, I "inherited" the backbone for this database and I'm having a little difficulty trying to get it to manage inventory.

Thanks to all

This topic is 6202 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.