Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

View all in a portal

eyeguy

This topic is 6238 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Can anyone solve a problem that I don't have the expertise to solve myself.

I have a diary table and a to do table. They are related by a global in the diary and a user id field in the to do. At present any user can create or view each others to do's by setting the global to the user id.

The problem is how can I create a "global to do" that is visible in everyones to do.

Second problem is how can I create a "private" to do such that only the logged in user can see. That is that user can not see the other users private to do?

Joseph

Edited by Guest

The problem is how can I create a "global to do" that is visible in everyones to do.

You'll need to have a button, "Show All," that sets the global to everyone's ID (global must be text). Use a value list that has all the ids, and set the global to the value list when the Show All button is clicked.

Second problem is how can I create a "private" to do such that only the logged in user can see. That is that user can not see the other users private to do?

Well, you'd need at least two types of "to dos", private and public. Also, you need to store the CreatedAccountName in each record. Then when a user creates a to do, they'd mark it as private. Then you can use record level access privileges to hide the private to dos from the accounts that didn't create the private to do. Research record-level access.

This topic is 6238 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.