Help finding unique patients

This topic is 6169 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Could you help find the number of UNIQUE patients that took the drug "Zidovudine"? I know the answer is 3 because i manually counted the patients, but how can this be programmed. I would like to know the unique number of patients based on a search for any drug.

I attached my small file. The account name is admin and has no password. Thank you so so much.

testing_unique.zip

Edited by Guest

Even without the missing tables, the question is still valid.

I presume that 'Patient ID' is unique to a patient and that you have a Patient table with one record per patient?

Another guess, based on the title of the layout, is that there are multiple patient/drug records. Correct?

If you set up a layout in your patient table with a Drug field from this Interval_History table and do a find for the particular drug, you will find just those patients who have that drug in the Interval_History table. The number will show up in the status area. If you want to script it all, use Get(FoundCount) to display the number of patients.

Hi,

Yes, that is correct. I have a patient table and there are multiple patient/drug records with different dates. Is there any way to perform the search for unique patients taking a particular drug on the Interval_History table? The reason I ask is because I have 20 tables similar to the drug table in which the user would like to search on any field in any table and get the # of unique patients for that search.

Yes, good example file, Michael!

Now I would have just required a Patient table. Then, from the Interval table, perform a find for the drug (in this case Zidovudine) and then GTRR (Go To Related Records) to the Patient table for a list of unique patients - this would be the key to producing a unique list of Patients using this method.

Your portal setup and proper drug structure offers the best of all worlds. :wink2:

This topic is 6169 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.