Portal only showing the same record!!

Chris C

This topic is 6157 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello!

I am having a problem with filtering a portal. Here are my table relationships:

case -- contact_linker -- contacts -- actual_contacts(client, attorney, witness, etc.)

Those are my four tables in order...

I have a portal on the "case" layout that looks into "contact_linker" and displays all the related contacts for that case... it works fine. But, I also have another portal on the "case" layout that looks into another T.O. of "contact_linker" in an attempt to show only 'opposing contacts'... The only difference in the relationships is an extra field called "Opposing_Counsel"... User's can click the checkbox for opposing counsel in the "contact_linker" portal if they want that specific contact to be opposing... the "Opposing Counsel" field for the "case" table is global and always set to "Opposing Counsel".

This is what the other relationship looks like:

case -- contact_linker_view_opposing (source table: contact_linker)

Instead of showing the opposing contacts, my second portal only shows the first contact I ever created... It shows the same record multiple times as well (depending on how many contacts the user marked as "opposing")

Any ideas of what is going on? It seems like it is really close to working correctly.

In my experience, when that happens, you have the relationship right in the portal setup but the actual fields are from another relationship (or table occurrence). Make sure you are pulling the fields from the same related table that you have the portal connected to.

This topic is 6157 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.