Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Conditional Webviewer

aholtzapfel

This topic is 4781 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ever put a web viewer on a layout and had users complain when they scroll thru the records. Does it bog down your system with lots of unneeded requests for web pages that you don't need (at least at that moment) Well, I have. This is the solution I came up with and I thought I would share. (It's only fair, It is peiced together from stuff I learned right here on FM_Forums.)

The solution Uses a Logical function in a web viewer to either display, or not display the web page and show Custom Messages in the web viewer saying why it isn't displayed.

(sample uses USPS.com to standardize addresses using an address, city, and st, included is a script that will update/enter address, city, state, zip, zip+4, and county in the usps standard format.)

ConditionalWebviewer.zip

Edited by Guest

• 3 years later...
  • Newbies

Hi,

I'm a newcomer to scripts. I'm using the below script of scrap the Lat/Long coordinates from google maps API.

For some records I'm missing the Zip code or the city, however google maps returns the right xml data in the web viewer if the address and country are available in the record. The question is how to modify the below script so that it will also update, besides the Lat/Ling coordinates, the missing fields such as city (location) or postal_code?

fmscript.jpg

This topic is 4781 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.