Newbie needs help please....

This topic is 6121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Thank you for looking.

I've just received my FMP this week and have learned how to make custom Layouts etc.. on my customer database.

I'm setting up printing customers address on postcards and what I need to understand is how to print only customers with zip code 07728 for example.

I've been going thru the manual and each time I think I've got it I get lost, i.e., field control etc...

Can you help please?

Thank you so much

Tom

Have you tried performing a FIND before printing?

Enter FIND mode & type in the zip code you are interested in.

You should then be able to print just this FOUND set.

Tom, please continue to ask all the questions you want. However, we frown on cross-posting the same question in different forums. Please don't do that.

Post your question in the place you think works best. If you don't get a response within a reasonable time, say one day, then go ahead and try it in a different forum. Most of the time your question will get seen because a lot of us look for unanswered posts regardless of what forum they're in.

When I take the time to answer a question and then see that it's already been answered in a duplicate thread, well let's just say that's not a good feeling.

One more tip: try to make your question titles descriptive of the actual problem. "Newbie needs help" doesn't really give potential responders any idea of whether they will be able to help you.

And sorry but there's on more thing: this question has nothing at all to do with FileMaker Server. Please read:

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showrules.php?#general

This topic is 6121 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.