Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Conditional Formatting and Custom Dialog

This topic is 6023 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

You can do some nice things with Conditional Formatting, but not this AFAIK. You might be able to trigger an event using a plugin, but I'm not a user of Plugins, so I'm guessing here.

I attached a small sample file to this post, a way to maybe show your clients how to do something in your file, Link, that shows how to Flag using Conditional Formatting.

I would be concern with the limitation of versions that could see this Flag, perhaps you should stay with one that uses a Flag Field and graphic.

HTH

Lee

LaRetta,

That's a pretty snappy use of conditional formatting.

I was thinking about using it for record level password protection.

If, for example, you set a calculation field to display only if the results match the contents of another field, you could make additional passwords or pin numbers present themselves.

I haven't checked this out yet, but your example inspires me to try.

Jarvis

...you could make additional passwords or pin numbers present themselves.

It sounds good in theory but be very careful. If you put a password in that field (even if you have it hidden) then it is vulnerable for improper retrieval because the password data is still planted within the field. It can be used for displaying confidential data if User privileges allow and, if that is how you meant it then it would work. But I would still test it thoroughly and think through all possible breaks which is of course true whenever working with sensitive issues such as this.

But yes, conditional formatting rocks! :wink2:

This topic is 6023 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.