Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Difference between -CC and -BCC?

This topic is 8757 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Dear CDML geniuses:

I am a CDML programmer having some email woes... FileMaker CDML is woefully underdocumented, and, I think we all can agree

My FileMaker email forms aren't working out in both of these situations. In the form, I've put in the hidden fields

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-mailto"

VALUE="[FMP-field:Customers::Email]">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-mailCC" VALUE="[email protected]">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-mailBCC" VALUE="[email protected]">

When the user submits the shopping cart, the user, the company (filmwest), and myself, are all supposed to get a copy. In this setup, only the customer is receiving mail.

When I have it setup as

VALUE="[FMP-field:Customers::Email], [email protected], [email protected]">

only I (at oxygensmith) am getting the email.

My questions are:

• Newbies

A few days later, I solved the problem, so I'm posting a "reply" to myself. I'd seen at least one other instance on the net with a person having this problem, but no one took the time to answer it.

VALUE="[FMP-field:Customers::Email]">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-mailCC" VALUE="[email protected]">

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-mailBCC" VALUE="[email protected]">

As you might recall from last week's episode, in the code above, the confirmation "mailto"ed the customer was getting to the customer, but not filmwest (and not my own address, [email protected], either).

The problem here was that the -mailfrom hidden input (not cited in the example) was also set to [email protected], like so:

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="-mailfrom" VALUE="[email protected]">

This was done as part of my "clever" plan to put a reply-to address of [email protected] on the confirmation order that the customer receives -- though it's actually coming from the server our site is hosted on, not filmwest's email. Unfortunately, the CDML engine (or whatever) seems to interpret an identical address in the -mailCC and the -mailfrom as a mistake, and doesn't CC.

My own email address, [email protected], was not getting a copy for some other weird reason. Perhaps go.com took some extra precautions that weekend because the that crazy virus with LOVE in the title.

In both cases, changing the email address resulted in the email being sent. Fortunately, filmwest had a second email address and the confirmation copy could be CCd there. Problem solved.

--Oxygen.

------------------

"Corporate rule won't be all torture and beheadings. There'll be bad stuff, too."

This topic is 8757 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.