Server Maintenance This Week. ×

CDML changed with Web Server Connector?

This topic is 8667 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have been running a web site with FMP5 with Web Companion as the web server for some time now. I am not using Instant Web Publishing but am instead writing CDML into regular HTML pages and this has working fine up until now.

We recently purchased FMP5 Unlimited which comes with Web Server Connector with the intention of moving all of the pages to IIS located on one machine with the FM DBs located on a separate NT box.

I have successfully installed the Web Server Connector on the IIS machine and have set the databases to be served from the FMP machine using the admin page.

The problem comes when I try to use any pages that have CDML in them. The page displays properly from IIS but if for example I making a search request using the following code:

<form action="FMPro" method="post">

<input type="hidden" name="-DB" value="PhoneList.fp5">

<input type="hidden" name="-Format" value="Listing.html">

<input type="hidden" name="-Max" value="all">

<input type="text" size=12 name="Last_E" value="Jones">

<input type="submit" name="-Find" value="Find Records">

</form>

I get the error "The Format file "listing.html" could not be found"

The file exists because if I type in the URL directly it displays. Even if I specify the full path of the file in the -format statement I still get the same error.

This code works on the original site using WebCompanion but as soon as I separate them it stops working.

Is there some extra coding required for Web Server Connector?

Please advise,

Doug

• 1 month later...

My only possible suggestion is capitalisation: the file's name is "Listing.html" with capL, perhaps IIS is case insensitive and dropping the capL when transferring the url to FMP -- it's asking for "listing.html"

In truth a wild guess...

Thanks - I should have updated this.

What fixed the problem was to put a shortcut (alias) of each individual directory in the IIS server that had CDML pages in it in the same directory as the databases themselves.

This worked for a while but suddenly out of the blue stopped working so I ended up moving the databases onto the same machine as IIS. The shortcuts are still necessary but because port 80 is already in use by IIS you have to configure FMP to use port 591 instead. Fortunately this does not require re-wrtiting of any pages.

Overall I am very un-impressed with FMP Unlimited and Web Server Connector. When you spend $1,000.00 for a piece of software you expect to have more than just a thin pdf file for the manual, no support documents or FAQs on filemakerpro.com and very limited support over the phone.

Doug

This topic is 8667 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.