Server Maintenance This Week. ×

NEED HELP

This topic is 5954 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hey all,

I can't find anywhere else to post this so I thought I would post here. I am looking where I can find a trial version of Filemaker 6.0? I am a booking agent that needs to try out a touring database product that I am buying but it only supports up to Filemaker 6.0. I don't want to buy 6.0 unless obviously this product is what I want. Please any help would be greatful. I searched on google for over a half hour. Even if someone wants to post the setup file on sendspace I would be forever greatful.

Thank you,

Cody

If this program is only available in vs. 6, it indicates that the developer is not supporting its clients. I would not want to buy into any product that was not upfront and forward thinking about its software (meaning they invested in upgrading it as technology allowed). After all, we are talking about a product that would be how old? 7 years?

If the database requires FMP 6 then the developer isn't putting a lot of effort into keeping it up to date: this would raise concerns about long term support.

Look around for another product that works with the current version of FMP. Or if you're feeling generous, ask the developer when the version designed for the latest version of FMP will be ready.

• Newbies

well this software is amazing asnd I really do need the 6. He did mention that it did work on other versions so im hoping for that. I have FMP 9 for my other job but this is for a totally different business. Ahh ******* anywhere else anybody could help me??

I am looking where I can find a trial version of Filemaker 6.0? I am a booking agent that needs to try out a touring database product that I am buying but it only supports up to Filemaker 6.0.

He did mention that it did work on other versions.

This does not jive. I would be VERY VERY careful that your facts are straight. 6 will NOT work on 9!!

Not only would I agree with previous advice... but I'm also wondering why this developer can't provide you a working demo. It would cost nothing to him to send you a runtime version.

If you really need to test it no a network, why isn't he able to find a FM6 demo for you ?

In addition ...

If this Developer sells a product on vs. 6, knowing vs. 6 is no longer available, what the? I assume it's a runtime? vs. 6 CAN be migrated to vs 7,8 or 9. Why hasn't he even migrated it for those who may still want to buy it? 6 is no longer available! If you know the software is 'amazing' then just buy it; why would you still need a trial? Don't get yourself locked into using a program (and putting all your data into a program) which isn't supported and isn't available in further versions. You will be stuck.

Hi Cody,

It seems that you'd be better to upgrade to the current version. That would be your better choice than staying in version 6. However, as some people said, you would be better to purchase full version than trying the Trial version.

If you want to do some trial version, you can try version 9. You need to ask your FM developer to modify your code in order to be fully functioned in version 9...

This topic is 5954 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.