Login Script

This topic is 5974 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

OK I have a login script that searches records and the result is that only those records that the user created is returned when they login, however the find function does not seem to work, the field I use called creator uses the function as shown here it is....

script.jpg

and the field used to refrence the user loging in has it's field filled by this...

record.jpg

Any suggestions :)?

I know this should be easy...

Thanks,

That did not work , what could be going wrong.

File maker does not see Get (Account Name) or Get (AccountName) as anything but a text string so it is actually searching for Get (Account Name).

I have tried Get(AccountName) Get (User) Get(User) etc etc Filemaker does not see it as a formula jjust a text string and it searches on it, so this must just be a formulation problem...

In your script try using

Enter Find Mode

Set Field[Photo Catalog::Creator[color:red]; Get(AccountName)

Perform Find

I cannot get that semi colon in there it is not included as an operator and if I use a semi colon I am told filemaker is expecting an operator :) So I put an [color:green]= instead but this does not work.

Hi Red,

I'm guessing you are trying to type the whole step in the calculation dialogue box.

Make a new script.

Find Enter Find Mode(left side of script window) and double click it.

Find Set Field, double click it. Now highlite the Set Field Script step. You will see 2 buttons on the bottom right. The top button is the field where you will be setting the Account Name(Target Field). Click it and select the field Creator. Now click on the button Calculated Result, on the right hand side there is a drop down list, choose Get Functions, Account name is the first one listed, Double Click it.

Find "Perform find" on the left and double click it, save the script. You should be good now.

One typo I did make was the set field step. See below. I left off the ending bracket.

Set Field[Photo Catalog::Creator; Get(AccountName)]

Off to work I go.....lol

Michael

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5974 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.