Publishing XML data securely

Osman

This topic is 5964 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I want to share XML data from FMS, but I dont want every body can access the data. The user can access data from filemaker runtime file using xml importing option.

What is the best way for protecting my data from non-authorized users?? Is it possible to show password prompt, or any other methods.

Thanks in advance

Well, you want show any data from a FileMaker Server hosted file by using a runtime. Runtimes are not networkable.

If using custom web publishing with XML, you can have a crdentials dialog appear. The credentials are sent in the clear inasmuch as CWP uses Basic HTTP authentication.

Steven

thanks for your reply, let me explain my case a bit more;

runtime will only import XML data(via query). I think IWP or CWP can not solve my problem.

I want asking user name and password before import process begin (may be using global field user enters login information). I don't mean HTTPS or SSL security. User name and password solve my problem.

Importing directly filemaker file shared with FMS is not solution for me. because my database contains lots of records. I want to import only changed or new records using XML query feature.

Hello,

I have posted a question similar to this on XML forum,so I am really interested to your reply.

Doesn't filemaker server advanced 9 support https?At least this this what I have found in official documents.In this case,username and password wouldn't be sent encrypted?

And it is possible to create a login form to send username and password aand to handle errors, instead of having that the credentials dialog appear?

I am posing this question because I am interested to flash-filemaker integration via XML.

Thanks,

stefano

I am interested to this

Doesn't filemaker server advanced 9 support https?At least this this what I have found in official documents.In this case,username and password wouldn't be sent encrypted?

You can have a HTTPS connection between a user's web browser and the web server (Apache or IIS). You can also have an encrypted connection between the database server and the Web Publishing Engine. The connection between the WPE and the Web Server is not encrypted, however. Therefore administrators must maange that connection.

That said, most of the web programming languages can invoke credentials dialog boxes. If the database is set up to require credentialed access, when accessing with CWP, FileMaker Server will challenge for credentials.

Steven

This topic is 5964 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.