Resetting passwords through a set of databases

Bikeman17

This topic is 5942 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

yes, you can do this by use of scripted actions; or better yet, use External Server Authentication and avoid this altogether.

You might wish to review the External Server Authentication Tech Brief and the Security Tech Brief both found on the FMI Web site.

Steven

Well you can't transfer a password, because there are no passwords stored in the files.

You can however use one of the Account management script steps, for example, Reset password, and pass the values to be reset via a script parameter. You need the script in every file, and then have all the scripts called from one centralized location with the new value passed.

As I said, use External Server Authentication and avoid all this. You'll be much happier, and it's a lot easier.

Steven

You also have to pass a value so that you can figure out what to set the Privilege Set name to. This must be done in a script via tests using If statements, because it cannot be set directly to a value.

Also, to change a privilege set for an existing account, you must delete the account, then recreate it. It is pretty fast though, so that's not really a problem. Reseting the password can be done on an existing account. Though often the person could just do that manually, if you've given them permission.

You, guys are quite familiar with Pro 9. It is not my case. Please attach a file on your next reply. That would make my understanding easier. Honestly, I am in the dark. Must go through the learning curve.

This topic is 5942 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.