Can i execute a batch script???

This topic is 5923 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

HI guys,

i would like to run a script server side that will execute a batch script.

I would like to schedule the script from the server to find finalised orders on a db and loop through each record (finalised Order) running the batch script on each record. The batch script will create a directory for each finalised order on another server.

Thanks in advance.

although the server can be scheduled to run batch scripts and one can now run certain scriptmaker scripts (web compatible) on the server. It's not clear to me that one could create a dynamic batch script to create folders using only web compatible script steps. One way that might work would be to use a server-compatible plugin to create the folders based on record values.

Although I usually opt to use a robot FMP client machine to perform such tasks.

Dana

thanks for your replies.

The batch script needs to create a directory.

The directory needs to be named as per the Order Number of the finalised job. The Order Number resides on the FMPro database.

Is there a way i can pass this data (order number) from the FMPro db to enable the batch script to create the directory and name it as per the Order Number??

Thanks.

This won't work server-side only. Can't because it would be a huge security issue if it could.

What would come closest is using a dedicated FM client box as a robot, logged in with a Windows account that has the rights to create accounts on a shared folder and run a VBscript (not batch file) from there.

It would still be a security risk depending on who has access to that machine etc, but it could be done.

This topic is 5923 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.