Web Viewer page auto positioning

xtrim

This topic is 5911 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Yes, no, maybe. It really depends on the web page. You could start be copying the HTML into a new document. Start deleting blocks of the code, while checking in the browser if the remaining parts still work. If you're lucky, you'll be left with just the part you need, and still working. Anyway it's a lot of work, and easily ruined if the provider makes changes.

Tnx comment..that what i was thinking to...

Maybe in the next ver of FMP they will allow some kind of auto scrolling..that could be nice.

Shai: genx uses a youtube object..which THEY are providing...it not the same.

Maybe in the next ver of FMP they will allow some kind of auto scrolling...

I don't think they (FileMaker) allow or disallow anything. The web viewer is just a browser. It's provided by the OS. If you can do this in your regular browser, you can probably do it in the web viewer too. Not really a Filemaker issue at all.

Well, at the end of the day, its all just html, so isolate the parts you want, and pull them out.

1) You want the Doc Type Definition up the top

2) You want any JS / CSS files that are referenced

3) You want the relevant html code, in this case i believe its:

[right]

News[/right]
spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif spacer.gif [right]spacer.gif[/right] spacer.gif

Better yet though, just extract the actual news items into the db.

Edited by Guest

Well, at the end of the day, its all just html

Not really - there's also a small matter of what happens on the server side. I believe your page will keep requesting the same items all over again (note the ID numbers hard-coded into your table cells), until they become unavailable. I don't think that's a good idea for a news ticker.

I'm not sure what you're suggesting...

The content does seem to be dynamically reloaded every time the page is shown, but the fact of the matter is, its just as easy to extract the content in the same fashion every time... I was not suggesting that the ticker be "removed" permanently... but why this would be an issue i don't know - simply extract the relevant code via CF that digs down X embedded tags from the entire source of the html and add a base tag at the top of all the content so that all site relevant links work. Provided the page structure doesn't change there should be no issue.

That is what I meant. You cannot have static HTML code loaded into the web viewer for this. You need to do it in stages: first, get the HTML code of the current page, then parse out the ticker part, and finally load the result back into the viewer (or into a second viewer). Then pray they won't change their code on you. And there's also a question of refreshing. All in all, this is not something I would want to do.

---

Oh, and one more thing: since the ticker part itself is a request, there's a possibility that the server will refuse it, since it's not coming from the server's domain.

Edited by Guest

The ticker part itself is js, all its doing is using the generated html:

spacer.gif & lt;div align="left" dir="ltr">The Ramat Aviv Mall is keeping on its tendency to assure its position as the Fashion Mall leader& gt; [right]spacer.gif[/right] < /td>

At the end of the day, all code is at somepoint exposed to the client unless the code itself is generated via ajax which in this case its not.

OK forget it, it's not a good example. My point is that the technique may or may not work, depending on the site. If some of the page content is the result of another request, you can duplicate the request - but you can't be sure it will be honored.

This topic is 5911 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.