Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Superlog (audit trail system)

This topic is 5907 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello!!! Here I attach my table with a "custom function" (Superlog, by Nightwing) that logs all the changes I make in my table.

I have 2 questions:

1) How can I limit the log data? I mean, I only want to save the last 5 changes... I don't really know about this custom stuff... I'm too newbie :)

2) How can I set a calculation with the logged data... Here in my table I have a button that tells me the last modified record, and what was that change... but what I want to do is to find the changes I -the user I use is called Lucas- made, but not the changes done by the other user 'María' (I have this system in 2 computers)...

Well, I hope you can understand my bad English... Thanks a lot community, you're the best.

Base.zip

1) Why not just change the portal to only display the last 5 lines and sort by Date Mofified? You may have to remove the scroll bar if there is one.

2) Just do a multi field search. Date modified and Modified by.

Michael

Edited by Guest

Thanks my friend for answering... but in the question 1, what I am looking for is to "not log" data, not only not showing it, because if it log all the changes, the size of the file.fp7 will be too big I guess... So what I want is to delete the change 5 (the oldest) when I make other change... do you understand me?

Thanks for trying to help.

This topic is 5907 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.