Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Web Server Test Failed - Leopard / Apache 2.2

This topic is 5129 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I've installed FMS 9 Advanced on my Mac running Leopard with Apache 2.2 and every time I try to set up Web Publishing on my Machine I get either:

"Web Server Test Failed. Return code = False" or "Web Server Test Failed. Return code = -1"

Anyone know what's causing this !?

I can access localhost without any problems, My httpd.conf file has correct syntax and has no mention of any Filemaker includes and even though I'm using my own version of PHP I've moved the API files to Web Server > Documents, just in case it was that.

PLEASE HELP !

• Newbies

Hi there,

Yes Apache is running without any problems it seems - I've restarted it a few times to check and I can still access localhost.

As for Java it's on version 5. - would upgrading to 6 help ? Also would installing Apache 1.3 / upgrading to 2.2.8 be worth a go ?

I'm on 10.4.11, with the FileMaker Server developer (limited) version. But that is not where my file is, and I wouldn't expect it to be in the root folder of the web server (though I'm no expert on this). Mine is here:

/Library/FileMaker Server/Web Publishing/web-server-support/test/fmi-test/test.xml

There is nothing hardly in that file, only this:

Its permissions:

Owner: fmserver, read & write

Group: fmsadmin, read only

Others: read only

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Hello all,

I have this same server test failed error while trying to configure FMS 9 to work with IIS 5.1 on a Windows XP SP3 machine.

I have everything (FMS, Web Server and Web Publishing Engine) on one machine (my local computer- I am using the server for testing and developing).

I have tried everything I can think of to solve this problem (e.g. disabling firewall, updating FMS 9 to v3, uninstall and re-install both IIS and FMS 9), these have gotten me nowhere.

Has anyone been able to figure out a straight forward way of solving this?

Please post.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

me too:

[Fri Aug 29 23:16:58 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/fmi-test/test.xml

[Fri Aug 29 23:17:03 2008] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/fmi-test/test.xml

there is no test.xml anywhere on this machine...

the contents of the fmi-test are:

d---rwxrwx 3 fmserver fmsadmin 102 Aug 25 22:13 css

drwxrwxrwx 10 fmserver fmsadmin 340 Aug 25 22:13 images

drwxrwxrwx 8 fmserver fmsadmin 272 Aug 25 22:13 localizations

-r--r--r-- 1 fmserver fmsadmin 6931 Jul 11 2007 phptest.php

now what?

thanks

• 5 months later...
  • Newbies

I know it's out of date, but since there wasn't a fix posted here, thought i would give it a whirl.

Easily enough, for this issue when the log shows htdocs/fmi-test/test.xml is missing

go to htdocs

create folder: fmi-test

inside fmi-test create a file via notepad or textwrangler named: test.xml

open text.xl and type:

save and finish your FM10 setup

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

This topic is 5129 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.