Server Maintenance This Week. ×

exporting an xml for use in dreamweaver

Laurence

This topic is 5876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, I need to export an xml file from filemaker which i can connect to dreamweaver cs3.

I have been able to export an XML file from filemaker, however this file isn't the correct format for importing into my dreamweaver site.

..... and i have been able to read 'an' XML file from dreamweaver (a downloaded XML example from the internet) which connect using the html/javascript code supplied from the example.

However of course this code isn't compatible with the xml file i export from filemaker.

I'm pretty sute I have to create a style sheet to be exported with the xml file, which will then be compatible (read) by the dreamweaver code. But i don't know how to do this.

The xml sheet only consists of 5 columns.

i will pay for help with this solution.

please help, thanks.

I'm pretty sute I have to create a style sheet to be exported with the xml file, which will then be compatible (read) by the dreamweaver code.

True. But style sheets are "tailor-made", so we need to know your file structure AND the exact structure you require for the result.

Hi, i have posted a question on this problem previously, however as this is my time using forums i'm a bit vague, hopefully here's a better description of my problem.

I'm trying to export an xml file from FMpro.

I've attached the xml file (xmldoc), which is the exact desired xml format which i am trying to produce using the attached FM file, (exportxml).

The final xml format needs to include the XML maps also.

Please can someone help, i've been trying to do this for over 2 months!!! and its the last stage of a 6 month project.

Thanks

xml.zip

Hi Laurence,

I have merged the threads. We discourage double posts because conversations from both threads usually contain helpful information in resolving the problem but the threads (when merged) or two separate threads on the same subject, are confusing to read. Please only post once and continue your thought (and problem) to resolution on a single thread. Thank you! :wink2:

LaRetta

sorry about that!!!

the 'xml map' (if i'm correct) is what is needed for external programes (in my case dreamweaver) to read the xml sheet. The xml file i have attached, is fed (and works perfectly) into my dreamweaver javascript code as follows: (i have highlighted the relevent area's):

// Read the data from xmldoc.xml

var request = GXmlHttp.create();

request.open("GET", "xmldoc.xml", true);

request.onreadystatechange = function() {

if (request.readyState == 4) {

var xmlDoc = GXml.parse(request.responseText);

// obtain the array of markers and loop through it

var markers = xmlDoc.documentElement.getElementsByTagName("marker");

for (var i = 0; i < markers.length; i++) {

// obtain the attribues of each marker

var lat = parseFloat(markers.getAttribute("lat"));

var lng = parseFloat(markers.getAttribute("lng"));

var point = new GLatLng(lat,lng);

var html = markers.getAttribute("html");

var label = markers.getAttribute("label");

// === read the icontype attribute ===

var icontype = markers.getAttribute("icontype");

// === create the marker, passing the icontype string ===

var marker = createMarker(point,label,html,icontype);

map.addOverlay(marker);

}

// put the assembled side_bar_html contents into the side_bar div

document.getElementById("side_bar").innerHTML = side_bar_html;

}

}

request.send(null);

}

Therefore, the xml file needs to contain the 'xml map', i.e, Lat, lng, html, label, in order for the information to be read by my dreamweaver site.

is this correct???

I'm afraid I still have no idea what is being described here. It seems to me your Javascript code is hardcoded to expect a document named "xmldoc.xml" with a structure similar to the one you have posted. If the structure is different, no map will help - since the code is looking explicitly for an element named "" and its likewise explicitly named attributes.

I believe the attached style sheet should be all you need. When exporting from Filemaker, select the FMPDSORESULT grammar and this style sheet.

Note: The result differs from your posted template by applying attributes to each element, even if empty. I suppose this could be avoided by using a condition somewhere, but I don't think you'll be exporting empty markers, and I believe it doesn't matter anyway.

DSOToAttributes.xsl.zip

This topic is 5876 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.