Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Readable FM dialog messages!

This topic is 5847 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Well, I'm fussing again. But providing the User (us) with a dialog message we can read when using FileMaker is important! So it has been bugging me ... when I use FM Help and search for something, there is a message which always flashes across the screen so fast that I can't read it no matter how much I try.

Another Developer just ran a video on it and captured the elusive message. Search for something like reserved characters. Click the List Topic button and you will see the message flash to your right. After trying for 100 times, I finally figured out it says (by clicking it a thousand times over and over) something about cancel to stop the search. But it bothered me for months that I couldn't make it pause to truly read the stupid thing! Flashing ANY message so fast that a User can't even read it, is poor UI design!!

So, if there are any poor souls out there who have noticed that dialog and also wondered about it, here it is (c'mon FileMaker, play nicer): :therethere:

help_screenshot.jpg

I'm not responding right now, Lee. I'm in the middle of getting the flippance flipped out of me. I wish I wasn't so pushy that I had to be de-flipped but ... well, I'd rather be de-flipped than un-flipped. :laugh2:

Oh wait! Yes, I can answer you, Lee! John's the one who caught it for me with video! :woohoo:

I'm feeling spunky before my execution-of-cocky-nature. I'm like a dog smiling and slinking around trying to pretend that nothing else in the world is going on. Yep, John caught it on candid camera! He is fast with the fingers!!

This topic is 5847 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.