Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Crashing on MacBook Pro

This topic is 5812 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Every time I put my MacBook Pro to sleep FM 9 Advanced crashes. This has happened on two different MacBook Pros. One has 2 gigs of RAM, the other 4. Otherwise FM runs fine. It's an annoyance. Any ideas on why this is happening and how to prevent it.

I do access a hosted database, but I also access databases on my computer. I sign off from the hosted database before I put the computer to sleep.

The application quits - that's what I mean.

Rich

The message I see is the Apple message that the applications has quit, no other applications were affected, and there are three buttons at the bottom of the message - report, relaunch, or cancel.

I noticed this AM when I was about to close my laptop a different occurrence. I unmounted the two external hard drives, unplugged the AC adaptor, pulled out the plug for the external speakers, and pulled the Firewire cable (for unmounted hard drive) and the USB cord (external hard drive and scanner), and then pulled the cord for the external monitor.

I don't close the computer until the screen icons move from the external monitor to the laptop screen. While waiting FM quit with the same message as usual.

Rich

• 4 weeks later...

I have a nearly identical setup - MBP 4gb, external monitor, unhook, go-to-sleep, go to another site, hook up and go.

However, unlike you, it works every time. I have never had FMPro 9v3 stop running.

The ONLY difference that I can ascertain, is I don't access a hosted database - everything is local. Don't know if that helps, but maybe something with the hosted DB is not clearing.

Can you try to run the problematic process WITHOUT a hosted DB, and see if the problem still exists??

Don't know - I just replicated your situation, and it worked fine - no crash. There has got to be something specific in what you have running on your machine.

BTW: I am at 10.5.3

Try starting the MBP, holding down the shift key (that will start without loading any of the extraneous garbage), then try the FM launch, pull the plug on the monitor, and see. This test would eliminate most possible software conflicts with extras that are possibly running, and interfering with the FM situation.

This topic is 5812 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.