Conditional formatting bug?

This topic is 5845 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have set some fields to change font colour when certain conditions in other fields are met. This works most of the time. But some fields in some records do not operate the change when the condition is met. In some records the change happens, but in others it doesn't. This is independent of the layout too (i.e. same problem with the same record in different layouts.)

The only way I can get the formatting to work is to clear the relevant field data in the problematic record and then retype it in. Then it works. But this doesn't work if I copy and paste the data, or copy it to another field and then copy it back, or if I use the set field command, so there is no obvious quick fix. I also can't see anything that the problematic records have in common.

Anyone any ideas what's going on?

It sounds like the data in those records is styled text, i.e. text with formatting attached to it on data level. This can happen easily when you paste from other applications that support styled text. Data-level styles override any layout formatting, fixed or conditional.

You can fix your data by using the TextFormatRemove() function. To prevent this happening in the future, you could define the field to auto-enter (with replacing ) TextFormatRemove ( self ).

Oh it's very much visible. But if it happens to match the layout formatting, then it goes unnoticed - until you try conditional formatting. You would have noticed the same problem if you had another layout where the field was formatted another way.

This topic is 5845 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.