Server Maintenance This Week. ×

unique record only

This topic is 5809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

hello...

how can i show unique records only in a search/find? lets say my search/find returns 7 records, 4 with ID A and 3 with ID B. so instead of showing all 7, i only want to show

1 of ID A

and

1 of ID B.

like this

ID [A] Value [Val1]

ID Value [Valb]

and so on.

thanx in advance. :)

Edited by Guest

This is one of those cases where it would be helpful to understand your ultimate goal here, using your real data as examples, but given what you've said, I'd say that after the find, run a sub-summary report by ID.

PS: I am hoping that ID is not supposed to be your unique key ID for each record, but rather your term for some sort of type field.

It might also indicate that you are missing a table ... a table of these unique IDs. As Barbara said, if you could provide more information, it would certainly help us help you. :wink2:

Edited by Guest

dervaish, it really is unproductive to ask about the same situation in different posts. If you don't get resolution to your issue, keep posting back on that thread! As it is, we would probably re-cover much of the same territory, asking the same questions ... over and over.

It is a waste of everyone's time. I will not merge these threads only because ( at this point ) it would be far too confusing. But now I hesitate in even trying to assist you because some of the best Developers here have already tried.

LaRetta

No ... I'm not done. Upon reading the two posts referenced, you didn't even respond to them after their last post! Both Tom and Michael took their time to answer your questions and try to help you and you didn't bother to tell them whether they had helped you or not. We really do not enjoy talking to thin air and it really is nice to know if you even READ or GOT the message.

C'mon, stand up to the plate and if they don't help you, tell them exactly what didn't work for you. They can handle it. It isn't a reflection upon your intelligence nor their ability to communicate - describing complex solutions through a forum isn't easy on either side. But stick with it until it works! :smirk:

a thousand apologies for posting the same thing again and again [though i don't think they are same :) ]...anyhow, i'm trying to fix a problem [for someone else] and at the same time trying to learn FM.

i didn't mean to ignore other poster's replies and help. its just that last 12+ hrs have been very hectic and problematic and i just can;t find a solution to the problem.

once again i'm sorry.

I would assume they appreciate the apology but I can't speak for them. What matters is that you have people here who understand what being under a crunch feels like; and who also understand how one can feel lost as to the best approach ( and sometimes ANY approach ).

I just want to encourage you to talk it through with them and let their many, many years' experience help you solve it. You are not alone ... there are a thousand-plus Developers right here to help you, myself included.

But we do not have x-ray vision and can't answer posts if kept blind. Oh, I'm in a funny mood today! :bigshades:

This topic is 5809 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.