Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem with Repeating Fields

This topic is 5802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am trying to extract data so I can summarize it by months and also by years. I have created two fields one for months the other for years the first works and the second does not.

This is the definition of both fields can anyone see what I am doing incorrectly please.

MonthsWellsTran =Case(Get(calculationRepetitionNumber)=Month(Extend(TDate));Extend(Revenue). This has 12 repitions for the months.

Figured this out it was the case test that was incorrect.

YearsWellsTran

=Case(Get(calculationRepetitionNumber)=Year(Extend(TDate));Extend(Revenue).This has7 repetitions as so far only have data for seven years.

The month one works fine but for some reason the yearly one does not return any results at all.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mitch

Edited by Guest

If I understand your explanation correctly, the YearsWellsTran field would work well if your data came from years 0001 - 0007.

However, this not a good method overall. What will you do when the data spans 8 years, or more? Usually it's better to produce a report, sub-summarized by year and month.

Thanks for that it was my case test that was incorrect. Just added 2000 to the repetition number and it works 2001 through 2008. You are correct of course when data is past this year I will have to increase the number of repetitions. Works but crude I know any suggestions appreciated.

Mitch

It will work quite well with months, because there are always 12 of them. With years... any method you choose, you will encounter the same problem of Filemaker being limited in the horizontal direction.

Still, you might want to also take a look at this:

http://www.onegasoft.com/tools/fastsummaries/index.shtml

This topic is 5802 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.