Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Primary Key in FMPRO 9

This topic is 5793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All,

I apologias to everyone posting all these questions.

I have a meeting on Monday afternoon to review the possibility of using FileMaker pro 9 as our database.

Having said that, I need to setup a database in FMPRO 9 and present it as prototype for that meeting.

So here are some more questions:

1. How to setup the Primary key in FMPRO 9?

2. I could not find any Save Record function to bind into A button.

3. How to disable the Found Set AutoSave?

4. How to set Forms to Open in Black Mode meaning “Load Omitted Records”?

5. We have a field called USER_ID, any time we issue a new record I need to assignee the next available number to the new record’s User_ID , let’s say if the previews user_ID was “5” then the next new USER_ID should be 6.

6. Can we change the found set “Form” data provider’s source from one table to another one in a different FMPRO database?

7. Can we calculate two date field from two tables and insert the result in field, such as:

Table_A_Age = TableA_date – Table_B_date

8. How to manage the events on Open Form , On change, on Focus Lost, On Gained Focus….

:bang:

Thanks for any help.

A

1. How to setup the Primary key in FMPRO 9?

There's no "primary key" attribute. Simply create a field, call it ID, and set it to auto enter a serial and do not allow modification.

2. I could not find any Save Record function to bind into A button.

There is no such function, however there is a Commit script step.

3. How to disable the Found Set AutoSave?

Do you mean when you close a file, the same found set is there when you open it? The way around it is to put Find All in your startup script. But it may not even be an issue, as the found set is only retained in single-user mode, not when the file is server-hosted.

4. How to set Forms to Open in Black Mode meaning “Load Omitted Records”?

Look under the Records menu for Show All, Show Omitted etc.

5. We have a field called USER_ID, any time we issue a new record I need to assignee the next available number to the new record’s User_ID , let’s say if the previews user_ID was “5” then the next new USER_ID should be 6.

Sounds like an auto-entered serial number. Look in the field options.

6. Can we change the found set “Form” data provider’s source from one table to another one in a different FMPRO database?

It is possible to go to related records using all records in the found set, if that's what you mean. This is only available as a script step.

7. Can we calculate two date field from two tables and insert the result in field, such as:

Table_A_Age = TableA_date – Table_B_date

Yes.

8. How to manage the events on Open Form , On change, on Focus Lost, On Gained Focus….

If what you need to happen "on change" is to update data in fields, auto-entry may be all that's required. If you need to trigger a script, there are several FileMaker plugins that do this.

This topic is 5793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.