link not working

This topic is 5790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi,

I have 3 tables:

one with data for a student's University applications (UCAS).

one with university offers (key is the student name) each student has 5 offers, one of which is "Firm" and another "Insurance",hence one of the field in OFFERS is an indicator with a value of "F", "I", or space to point to these offers.

one table with University Addresses (ADDRESS). This table is linked to OFFERS, key is the university name.

Now, I need to print letters to accept the "Firm" or "Insurance" offers, so I have a layout with the student data and portal which displayes the 5 offers. From there you can go onto the layout for the letter (layout based on UCAS) which also displays info about the offer. To get this info, I've created an occurence of the table OFFERS, which I have sorted so that all the "FIRM" offers are at the start, so automatically for my student, I point to the "Firm" record. So far o good... Only it doesn't show the right univ address. The University name in my occurence "OFFERS_FIRM" is right but somehow it doesn't link with the right record in ADDRESS. Can you make any sense of this? I hope so.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

First I would like to point out that you really should go away from using names whether its for a student or school and use meaningless ID numbers instead.

Also I think that your report should be based off your offer table occurrence. You can find all the ones for firm & print, then insurance & print.

This topic is 5790 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.