Substitute By List

This topic is 5785 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

Does someone have a CF that will substitute by list? For example, I have the following:

SourceText="A01¶A02¶A03¶A04¶A05¶A06¶A07"

FindList="A02¶A05¶A07"

ReplaceText="Red¶Blue¶Yellow"

It the CF was:

SubstituteByList(SourceText, FindList,ReplaceList)

the result would be:

"A01¶Red¶A03¶A04¶Blue¶A06¶Yellow"

Appreciate any help ;-)

Thanks Comment. It is close to what I need but thinking deeper, I believe I need something more. Maybe it is best that I just describe what I am trying t achieve instead of trying to piece it together ;-)

I am trying to compile a CSS page that contains a table (array/grid). My goal is for it to be 14 columns and 30 rows. I want to manipulate the way the GRID looks by replacing parts of the code. I want to target a cell and define as a style (fill background and borders to a color) and add Text. Here is an example of the code for one row in which I will target:

Thanks Comment for the reply. This is great but thinking deeper about this, I need a little something different.

Instead of clogging up bandwidth, is there chance I can contact you privately. If so, feel free to email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

Instead of clogging up bandwidth...

Sharing great solutions, calculations and ideas isn't wasting badwidth at all; it is exactly what FM Forums are for. If, on the other hand, you realize you would like to hire someone, it is more than appropriate to take it offline. But that isn't the same as 'saving bandwidth.'

LaRetta :smirk:

I understand totally and was not trying to withhold information from the good people on this forum ;-) I'm burning enough hours trying to figure this out that I was considering the "for hire" option. I just wanted to see if he was interested privately.

Oops, now it is public. Yikes ;-)

Nah, Don, we are all aware that Comment is worth his weight in gold. I've been following this thread and sometimes, when a thread is taken off-Forum in the middle of it, it kinda feels like I'm watching a Thriller on TV and I lose the electricity. It is one of the reasons I'm nuts. :crazy2:

But great ideas aren't always followed through on FM Forums; heck, some great ideas are never followed through at all. And we understand that as well. Regardless, l learned a great deal from this thread.

LaRetta

Edited by Guest
reversed a double negative ;o)

I just wanted to see if he was interested privately.

Oh! Keep in mind that you can private message someone. That way we'all, when you ask him to connect privately, won't feel like the two of you are running off into a wonderous land of calculations and we are left behind. Ha ha!

Seriously though ... many people aren't aware of the private message feature here so I wanted to mention it. :smile2:

Oh! Keep in mind that you can private message someone. That way we'all, when you ask him to connect privately, won't feel like the two of you are running off into a wonderous land of calculations and we are left behind. Ha ha!

Seriously though ... many people aren't aware of the private message feature here so I wanted to mention it. :smile2:

I guess I must be blind ;-) I am not seeing the option to contact users privately with a message. Little help...

For the sake of keeping the info stream strong, if I am able to work out a solution to my problem privately and feel it will help the public, I'll post it as a reply to this thread.

Take care!

hi Don,

Just click on the member's [color:blue]display name in their Profile on the Left of your Browser, and it will take you to a screen where you have several options regarding that particular Member, including "Start Private Topic", the 3rd one from the left.

HTH

Lee

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5785 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.