User data

This topic is 5793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everyone.

I apologize if this is the wrong forum to post this in.

I'm having a minor issue with a db I have recently created. I have created a database that my dad uses to track his clients and inventory. As he has several employees who use the database, I have created user names and passwords for all of them to use. Upon a successful log in, I want the current account name (their user name or name) to appear in the top left corner of the screen. I thought the symbol "||" did this, however it seems that it only displays the user name defined in the preferences panel. How can I make FileMaker display the current account name that is logged in? This is a feature I would like to use so when reports are printed out, my dad can see who was logged in and who printed it.

Hopefully you guys understand what I'm talking about!

Thanks!!!

P.S. I am using FM Pro 9 Adv. on Mac OS 9. For some reason it is not letting me change this information.

Edited by Guest

Use the Get(AccountName) function. You might for example create a global field and set it to Get(AccountName) as part of the file's startup script. That field is what you'd put on the layout.

Create a global text field in a table with the calculation of Get(AccountName) display the global text field wherever you wish the account name to appear.

HTH,

Tim

p.s. Yeah just like Tom said.

Edited by Guest
we replied at the same time

This topic is 5793 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.