Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Multiple Containers on layout

This topic is 5739 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have an application where there are 12 containers on a layout. Using Supercontainer, I wanted to have the 12 photos download to the hard drive and appear in the containers. The user can the select the three they want and the processing goes on from there.

My problem: the .jpgs are deleted by the next "setcontainer" line. ie, 01.jpg is deleted when 02.jpg is downloaded.

Can you not have more than one container on a layout?

Thanks.

are you using only the WV or using the plugin?

Yes you can loop thru the records and export the contents of the container field, and give it a name that reflects data in your record.

http://screencast.com/t/cwFiPpTkWC

Field_Photo_Processing.pdf

Edited by Guest

Thanks!

I am using the pluging, I don't know what you mean by the WV.

The script is just setcontainer. What I'm confused about is why its deleting the previous JPG. instead of leaving it there.

Can the containers be in the same record? Or do I have to put them in a separate table?

So you are using the plugin and not viewing the images via the web viewer (wv)

Sorry didn't realize you were on FM7 and it doesn't have a web viewer.

when you right click on each image and say Export Field Contents you are given an option to name each image and pick a location?

Perhaps several images have the exact same name.

Are you renaming the file on export? I assume you want to give your image a more meaningful name vs the original name, something perhaps unique like the record id or a id & date concatenation.

Edited by Guest

I am using the plugin, and I am running the latest version of Filemaker, sorry I didn't update the profile.

This is what is happening (from the supercontainer log);)

8/20/08 5:12:52 PM - Uploaded new file: /Users/Shared/SuperContainer/Files/360Demo/4814/03.jpg (25,074 bytes)

8/20/08 5:13:08 PM - Uploaded new file: /Users/Shared/SuperContainer/Files/360Demo/4814/02.jpg (40,890 bytes)

Looks perfect. But on the actual drive what is happening is as soon as 02.jpg downloads, 03.jpg is written over or deleted.

I just want to keep all files. Interestingly enough, I separated the url into different records and got the same result. As long as its going in the same folder "4814" for example, it writes over.

This is the line I've been using:

SCSetContainer( Photos::_cResourceIdentifier ; Photos::URL)

_cResourceIdentifier is just right from the demo, the URL is seen in the log entries above.

so your uploading to the server not downloading.

test to see if your id field is actually UNIQUE it looks like you have a duplicate of 4814.

the id number and folder number are tied to each other it makes no difference what the file is titled they could even be both called 03.jpg

Its working like it suppose to but your second upload is trumping the first one.

This topic is 5739 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.