SC and zoom

This topic is 5674 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm sure I'll have a dozen topics on this utility over the next week or so...here's the next:

I've got a image showing in the web viewer just fine at 100%. When I Zoom however, the image zooms, but becomes cropped at the dimensions of the WV at 100%. This happens whether I zoom larger or smaller, though when larger, the image stays anchored to the top left and when smaller, it's anchored to the bottom right of the former web viewer.

I've played around with the Auto-Resize anchors and tried reload the WV to no avail. A regular web page zooms correctly.

Any thoughts on how to stop the image from being cropped when zooming?

Try using a noapplet style and hard-coded width, for example:

http://localhost:8020/SuperContainer/Files/test/123?width=379&style=noapplet

What appears to be happening is, the applet isn't able to detect the zoom state of the filemaker window, because its width is simply set to 100%, which the web viewer seems to interpret as the width of the web viewer when zoomed to 100%.

If you don't use the applet, but use a dynamic web viewer width, that doesn't work either because the width in the URL reflects the zoomed state, which means SuperContainer returns a larger image, but it gets zoomed again by FileMaker, so the image is too large.

Setting a hard-coded width in the URL with the noapplet style solves this, as the image is generated in SuperContainer at the 100% zoom level, then FileMaker zooms the image accordingly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This topic is 5674 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.