Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Auto Dial soft phone X-Lite

Mats

This topic is 5442 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I use Mac making my database. For auto dialing a telephone number I use a AppleScript going through the program Dialectic which dials X-Lite for me. Working fast and good.

But now I have to make it work for Windows too. So I hope I am in the right thread and can get some good advice }:(

Thanks!

Depending on what you need it to do. It may be as easy as (in the filemaker script) checking the system platform and either running your apple script or preforming the "Dial Phone" script step. ("dial Phone" will use the windows default dialer to place a call to the number you specify. In your case this should be your X-Lite Dialer. This is NOT compatible with Mac OS X.)

The dial phone script step does not do anything but dial. So, if you need to have your solution Hang Up, Check the Status of a call that was placed, or anything else, you my need to look into using VBS or some other scripting to do this.

It's not 2 scripts. I just filled in what the actual Window and Mac script steps would be. It's 1 script. You'd likely attach it to a button that looked like a telephone ;-]

[P.S. AppleScript can be fussy about seeing the data in fields. The easiest way to be sure is to have the phone# field on the current layout.]

Edited by Guest

Ok I got it. But where would I insert this script?

In "Perform Script" or "Dial Phone"? Thats my problem as the same "Phone button" is suposed to work both on Mac and PC.

Edited by Guest

Gah!

I have never worked with Windows and when I used the "Dial up" from Filemaker, Windows has it's own dialer. So I have to find out how to specify to Dial with X-Lite from FM.

Any body know this in windows I would truly appreciate the help!

"dial Phone" will use the windows default dialer to place a call to the number you specify

The windows dialer will work (as long as it is set-up to use your phone system). Otherwise, set the dialer you want to use as the windows default.

I got it to work in Windows environment now using open URL and code:

"sip:" & Filter(mediahelp::WorkPhone;"0123456789")

I would think that the same code would work in Mac OS X 10.5 too, but it seems like it do not handle sip the same way.

So I am half way now, and just need help with the Mac OS X script.

• 11 months later...

This topic is 5442 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.