Sign in to follow this  
nelsonkh

trouble with multiple match relationship

I have three tables I am working with. Budget (which holds Week and Year), Contract and Income.

I have my Income table linked to the Budget table with a multiple match criteria of:

Week = Week AWO Sold

Year = Year AWO Sold

This is working perfectly and I am getting the calculation in the Budget table that I am looking for.

But, I tried the same multiple match with the Contract and Budget table and am having issues.

Week = Week Contract Installed

Year = Year Contract Installed

It does not bring up anything in my budget table. If I remove the second criteria it will calculate based on the week, but when I add the year in, it does nothing. I checked my fields and they are all number fields, or calculated to be number fields. They are created in the correct contexts. I am not sure what would cause this second relationship to not work.

I also noticed that the connectors between tables look a little bit different. On the table that is working, there are two "prongs" connecting to my Income table. On the table that is not working, I have one "prong" and one flat headed connector. I am not sure if this signifies something, and could not find information online or in other posts. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Nevermind! I apologize, I just found that I had the "Do not store calculation results" box checked under storage options. This seems to have fixed my problem.

Edited by Guest

I am not sure what would cause this second relationship to not work.

I am sure you have checked that you fields are all of matching type, but I noticed that you are using calculations in some areas.

A calculated field can (optionally) have indexing turned off - this will cause a relationship to fail as the target field in a relationship must be indexed.

The same goes for:-

Global fields

Calculated fields that reference a related field

Calculated fields that reference a global field

Calculated fields that reference a non indexed field

Edited by Guest