Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Windows saving PDF error

bigwordsmith

This topic is 5537 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hi All

One of our customers on a windows machine is reporting that she can't save PDFs to disk from FM9 - it works fine on our development system ( Mac OSX). The error message says something along the lines of make room or change the name, but I'm wondering if it is more about her windows privilieges.

Any ideas?

Thanks

BWS

I'll bet it's the path. Where are you saving the pdf? For example, to save to the Desktop, the export path is:

"file:" & Get (DesktopPath) & filename & ".pdf"

Have you forgotten the "file:" or perhaps have "filemac:" ?

Edited by Guest

• 1 month later...

I'm getting the same error, but from a Mac (Error 800). My path calculation looks like:

"filemac:/" & Get(DesktopPath) & "/VAR PDFs/" & $day & " " & Leads::VAR & ".pdf"

The $day variable is the selected day, with "-" substituted for the "/" character. The folder on the desktop has Read/Write permissions for everyone.

I can't think of what the problem might be... maybe because the file is hosted by FMServer, and it's trying to save to the Desktop of the server, instead of the client's desktop?

It's your path. You don't need a slash after filemac: Also, Get (DesktopPath) returns, for example, /MacintoshHD/Users/John Smith/Desktop/ .

So you're adding an extra slash at the end. Is $day defined in the same script?

If set a field to this path, what do you get? I can't tell what $day is equal to or Leads:VAR and why you have a space between $day and Leads::VAR.

It won't save to the Desktop of the server. Get (DesktopPath) always saves to the user's desktop.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5537 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.