Server Maintenance This Week. ×

"Save Record" button dumps me back on the login page

This topic is 5417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

(I'm a complete newbie with FM PHP publishing; please bear with me)

I just created a test site with PHP Site Assistant using a fairly simple, small database, and it seems to work fine except for one thing: If I go to a record, click "Edit Record," change something, and click "Save Record," it just dumps me back on the login page, and does not save the change. If anyone can point me towards where to look for troubleshooting this, I'd be grateful.

It could be any number of things.

Did this problem exist out of the box, or did you make any (even minor seemingly innocuous) changes to the code?

The first thing I'd check is any php errors depending on how you've got your server set up they will either print to the screen to a log or both.

I'll also add that I really dislike the site assistant. You're probably better of bringing in a web developer or learning HTML and PHP on your own, and building something from the ground up than running the site assistant thinking you can just tweak it to your liking.

I have the same issue. I tried re-creating an edit record page using site assistant without making any changes, and that edit page does not work. My edited page dumps me out to the login page, but the out of the box (recreated edit page) gives me an error 102 - field missing. I found some threads suggesting that the field be removed from the database layout, saved, and put back on, but that did not help. I restarted the web server, no luck; and even restarted the machine. There is only a handful of fields on the layout, and I am only editing a notes field. Not sure what else to try.

• 2 months later...

I have the same error - but it is intermittent. It may be having to do with something being saved from the session when testing - I was testing with firefox and started getting the error. Then I thought to try Safari, same records, no error. If I quit and tried FF again, no error, but after testing for a bit, the error would return. I am still trying to figure out if I can force the error to always appear, so I can try removing whatever is causing it. Did anyone ever find help for this, or a work-around?

• 2 months later...

This topic is 5417 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.