Server Maintenance This Week. ×

csv character

This topic is 5562 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm exporting a list of item numbers to a file. I'm sending the file to a web developer who's adding it to a web site.

The web developer insists the list be a comma-separate file. I've wrote the script and done the export, but the web developer says there's an extra character is showing up in the export. I don't see it when opening the file in TextEdit (OS X Tiger).

I've tried every English-language character set: Macintosh, Windows, ASCII, UTF-8, and UTF 16 and he says he's still getting the character which is showing as a single block. He says it has a hex value of "1d".

Any ideas on how to get rid of this character?

I'm exporting a list of item numbers to a file. I'm sending the file to a web developer who's adding it to a web site.

The web developer insists the list be a comma-separate file. I've wrote the script and done the export, but the web developer says there's an extra character is showing up in the export. I don't see it when opening the file in TextEdit (OS X Tiger).

I've tried every English-language character set: Macintosh, Windows, ASCII, UTF-8, and UTF 16 and he says he's still getting the character which is showing as a single block. He says it has a hex value of "1d".

Any ideas on how to get rid of this character?

"1d" = 29 base 10. That is the separator used in repeating fields. Do you have any repeating fields?

This topic is 5562 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.