Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Tabs do funky things; jumble layout items

This topic is 5481 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Has anyone else had the experience of fields and items you put into a tab showing fine in layout mode, but when you go to browse mode, the items are on all tabs or scattered and mushed about the tab space?

I've spent like 20 minutes trying to fix it but no matter where I place it in the tab, it show on every layout.

Thanks

Make sure that you dont have other objects ( or copies of objects ) that are not within the confines of the tab itself. This can happen easily when resizing the tab panel.

• 2 weeks later...

I have exactly the same problem and it doesn't matter how many times I re-arrange things, fitting them well within a tab, the items appear on every @£$$!XX@! tab within the tab panel. I have even recreated the tab panel control itself but to no avail. What am I doing wrong here?

Edited by Guest

check whether things are grouped together: if one item from a group is bit a single pixel out of the tab control, they all are.

Also check the boundaries of text fields; they can be much larger than expected.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Newbies

I'm also having the same problem. or similar. it seems to be unrelated to relationships, because i had one working before, and the relationship didn't change. i have portals (each portal linked to a different table's fields. i had it working fine in one tab but not displaying in browse mode on a couple other tabs. so i actually got rid of a tab and drew what looked like a tab behind a portal field.

please help me figure out how to get this to work! i'm so close.

attached are the layout view and browse view of a layout. i have checked over and over for stray field boxes or lines ourside of the portal frame. all seems well. is this just a bug?

• 1 month later...

This topic is 5481 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.