Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Disabling close button

This topic is 5456 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I was trying to develop a c++ code to develop one plugin to disable the close button of the FM application child window and NOT the FileMaker Application window (By Child window, I mean, the database application opened in the FileMaker Advanced application window). I have the child window handle. However, I am unable to disable the close button by using GetSystemMenu, RemoveMenu functions. They only work on the FileMaker Advanced application, Parent window and not the child window.

I will appreciate if you can give me a clue...

Regards,

Padmaja

• 1 month later...

I am trying to build the same plug-in, unfortunately I don't have any prior knowledge of C++. This is the closest thing I could find online: http://ryanfarley.com/blog/archive/2004/04/12/526.aspx

I am hoping that method will work if I can figure out how to do it in C++ in a FileMaker plug-in. No luck for me yet, please let me know if you find a solution.

• 1 month later...

This can be done in FileMaker 10 and maybe other versions as well but 10 is what I use.

create a custom menuset where you disable the 'close menu' item. You go into the custom menu. Create a copy of the standard menu set. Go into the FILE submenu. Set the bottom most checkbox (action) on, and select scriptstep 'do nothing'

Now when switching to this layout you also switch the active menu set. Remember to switch back on exit.

When the user ckicks the close box all that will happen is that the custom menu set will try top execute the script step 'do nothing'. And that is exactly what will happen. Nothing.

This topic is 5456 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.