Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Export records problem

SteveS

This topic is 5502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am using FM Advanced 10 using Windows Vista and have a problem with a script designed to export records from several tables to a file folder. The export script does not work properly in the runtime version.

I get the following error;

File; "ExampleReport" could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, or make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk.

The export script works fine, but when I bind the program up as a runtime file I get this error message.

Example code;

Send Event["aevt","odoc";"cmd /c md c:ExampleReport"]

Export Records[No Dialog; "ExampleReport.fp7"; Unicode (UTF-16)]

Any help would be much appreciated.

When you bind a runtime only the files included at the binding stage can be used in the application.

Your AppleScript implies you are creating a .fp7, which of course was not part of the runtime.

What were you planning to do with the .fp7 ?

I have no problem exporting a FileMaker file from a Runtime. The error message is what you get whenever there is anything wrong with the path, so that would be the first place to look.

I am doing this on a Mac right now, but I can't see that would make any difference (other than a slightly different path).

I would like to thank both of you for your help!

Fenton, you were right! The file path was incorrect. After you mentioned this, I looked at the file paths and soon realized it was incorrect.

Thank You again!

This topic is 5502 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.