This topic is 5442 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a relationship to filter a portal. I want to use OnObjectKeystroke to update the portal as I type. The script is firing, but the Refresh command (with and without the two switches) isn't refreshing the portal. The only way it updates is if I tab out of the field. What is the solution?

Thanks,

Will

OnObjectModify is indeed a better choice here, IMHO - with OnObjectKeystroke, one would have to deal explicitly with non-text keystrokes, such as backspace.

If the input field is participating in the relationship, then committing the record should be all it takes to refresh the portal.

Thanks guys. The Commit Record did the trick, but I thought I had tried that prior to my post. I don't understand why it didn't work then.

Good to know the difference between OnObjectModify and OnObjectKeyStroke.

- W

If the input field is participating in the relationship, then committing the record should be all it takes to refresh the portal.

Interesting. I'd been playing around, trying to "perfect" my technique and couldn't figure out why I'd need the Refresh[] sometimes but not others.

Some of the test used a second, calculated, field as a the key (to show all records when the entry field was blank).

This topic is 5442 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.