Multiple uploads per record.

This topic is 5455 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi I have just begun working with super container and could do with some ideas about how to approach the urls/data structure for my project.

I am building a job application app where the user (via the web) fills in an application form and can then upload multiple documents in support of there application. Each application would have an ID. I would imagine that you would then create related records, one for each document which would be linked to the application record using the ID. The second part of the process would involve administrators reviewing the applications and being able to see/download all of the uploaded documents related to the application. I would normally approach this by showing the application records and then the related documents in a portal. Is this the best approach?

Any suggestions would be most appreciated.

Yes, if the admin was on the main application record you could use a portal to show all the related records (attachments), you may want to use the SC plugin to get the document title and other bits of info to display in the portal,

You also could with a script open a new window in list view to show the related attachments. Or clicking on the item in the portal row could either open a new window with a web viewer or switch tab panel with a web viewer so you could see the actual document.

Thanks for the reply but it does not really answer my question which may well be my fault for not being clear enough. If I have a record how do I structure my database to allow a user to upload multiple documents into a related table so that they are linked to the parent record?

This topic is 5455 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.