Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Frustrating

This topic is 5441 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am working in 8.5 on a separation model solution.

I have a script that switches from a main table to a line item layout, sets some variables in the data file and creates a new line item before switches back to the main layout.

I want to be able to calculate the name of the most recently added line item in the main table.

To do this i have to duplicate the relationships in the data file and sort that relationship in the data file in the same way as my interface file does.

The relationship has multiple criteria some of which uses an unstored calculation as the primary key. (a does not equal these IDs calculation)

I just cannot get the calculation to update to the most recent line item.

It is driving me nuts.

Can anyone help?

best

Stuart

If you are scripting the creation of the related line items then why not carry the name that was just entered in a $variable. You can then update the field in the main table, presuming you change the calculated field to a standard field.

Many thanks for your reply.

That would work but i have to use this method across a number of tables, a calculated result is far cleaner and has far less room for error when implementing on a large scale. (If i can get it working in the first place of course.)

It would also be good to understand where the lag is, i was thinking that i may need some kind of trigger in the calculation.

This topic is 5441 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.