Script - Accounts & privileges

This topic is 5353 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

The database I am currently creating, I will have to pass onto the company that has employed me when my contract is up. I have to give them access to everything, but I have created a script that appears on startup (as a script) that says that says my name (Script = Show custom dialog). I was wondering if there is a way that one script can not be modified? Everyone at the company accesses the database via other account other than the me (administrator).

I just hate to see all my work be given over ( I was not hired to create the database, just has become a minor part to this job)and not have a none-modifiable splash of sorts say that I at least created it.

Any help on this one would make me totally happy.

All the best,

Bridge

Hi,

Thank you for your responses. I am in the freelance world, where my fellow co-workers are all freelance during a given period of months to a year (tv - film world) to a company. I have no problem passing on the database for the said project I am on, however my fellow freelances will most likely take a copy for themselves and pass it as their own for their next job. I don't mind that either, but I thought it would be nice to have a 'splash" of some sort that appears on launch saying that I creating the database. That way, if someone else (other freelancer) is using it, at least my name can appear on launch. That way they won't clam it as their own and it is advertising for me for anyone else who ends up using the database. That was really my reason for trying to create a non-modifiable script of sorts. But it looks like if I set a privilege set, it blocks the user from creating new databases and such. Does not seem that I can do that. Unless I am wrong?

Thank you for your responses

Well if you have it documented that those were your techniques and work at the point that you left the job, and then someone else tries to steal your work as their own then it seems like a suit to me.

• 2 months later...

If Bridge were an employee then it would almost certainly be work-for-hire. As a non-employee it depends on state laws and what agreement (if any) controls the working relationship between the individual, the company, and any other party that might be involved. (Is there an agency that placed the worker?) Those are questions for an attorney.

This topic is 5353 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.